CREC Announces New Research Project for NC Rural Economic Development CenterJuly 31, 2012
CREC is launching a new research project to examine North Carolina’s manufacturing sector for the North Carolina Rural Economic Development Center (the Rural Center). Using both primary and secondary data, CREC is helping the Rural Center to answer several key questions related to the state’s manufacturing sector, including:
- What NC manufacturing’s emerging opportunities and weaknesses are
- How its manufacturing supply chains function and how to improve them
- How prepared the state’s rural manufacturing workforce is
- How to accelerate the adoption of innovative practices
- How state policy can improve to strengthen and grow manufacturing opportunities in North Carolina
The final conclusions will be used as policy recommendations for the Rural Center’s manufacturing advisory group.