CREC Attends NASWA LMI Committee MeetingApril 8, 2015
Ken Poole and Ron Kelly attended the National Association of State Workforce Agencies’ (NASWA) Labor Market Information (LMI) Committee meeting to provide an update on recent efforts of the LMI Institute.
The National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) is an organization of state administrators of unemployment insurance laws, employment services, training programs, employment statistics and labor market information. The guiding principles of NASWA are:
- Advance the state role in the workforce system;
- Invest in training and professional development; and
- Lead in coordinating local, state, and federal roles.
- Providing training and professional development to state and other LMI professionals.
- Improving the knowledge, skills, and understanding of LMI customers.
- Offering management, staffing, and coordination to support the nationwide LMI infrastructure.
- Fostering and encouraging the use of local, state, and national LMI in decision-making related to workforce development, economic development, education, and other relevant policy areas.