Louisiana Economic Development (LED)
Louisiana Economic Development is responsible for strengthening the state’s business environment and creating a more vibrant Louisiana economy.
Vision: Louisiana consistently outperforms the South and the U.S. in creating jobs and economic opportunities for its citizens.
Mission: Cultivate jobs and economic opportunity for the people of Louisiana through nine integrated economic development strategies:
- Strategically improve state economic competitiveness
- Engage with local partners to enhance community competitiveness
- Forge partnerships to enhance regional economic development assets
- Expand and retain in-state businesses
- Execute a strong business recruitment program
- Cultivate small business, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Enhance workforce development solutions
- Promote Louisiana’s robust business advantages
- Attract foreign direct investments and grow international trade
With dedicated and knowledgeable professionals committed to Louisiana’s economic future, LED strives to help businesses find the resources they need to make relocation and expansion a successful, profitable endeavor.
Louisiana Statewide Military Economic Impact 2021
Start Date: Apr 2021 — End Date: Sep 2021
CREC is working with Business Development Advisors and The Roosevelt Group on a Military Economic Impact Analysis for the State of Louisiana to satisfy RS 29:65, which requires the Louisiana Military Advisory Council to complete a quadrennial statewide and regional military economic impact analysis. CREC worked on the state’s previous military spending impact analyses in […]