Vice President of Finance
Ermias Gyesus serves as the Vice President of Finance for the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness (CREC), the Council for Community and Economic Research (C2ER), LMI Institute, and Association of Public Data Users (APDU). Mr. Gyesus is responsible for managing the financial operation of all four organizations and assisting senior managers and CEO in making accurate decisions.
His responsibilities include:
- Performing Accounts Payable ensuring that all invoices are processed and paid on time.
- Invoicing for products and services and managing Accounts Receivable.
- Processing semi-monthly payroll.
- Uploading employees’ timesheet and allocating hours to projects in the QuickBooks Accounting System.
- Reconciling monthly bank statements for all four organizations.
- Preparing budget for proposed projects and association clients in collaboration with senior management.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Allocating Direct, Fringe and Overhead costs to all projects for accurate financial reporting and decision making.
- Performing month-end and year-ending closing, including adjusting entries for pre-paid and deferrals.
- Implementing and enforcing sound accounting fiscal policies, procedures, and control.
Before joining CREC, Mr. Gyesus worked as a Project/ Payroll Accountant at Pacific Architects and Engineers Government Services, Inc. Mr. Gyesus also worked for FedEx as a Project Manager and General Accountant at different positions for 13 years.
Mr. Gyesus received a Bachelor in Accounting degree from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia and a Bachelor in Business Administration degree from Georgia Gwinnett College. He is fluent in Amharic.