Baltimore Workforce Funders Collaborative
The Baltimore Workforce Funders Collaborative (BWFC) is a public/private partnership dedicated to advancing the labor market prospects of unemployed and underemployed Baltimore City residents while meeting the needs of our region’s employers for a skilled workforce.
Our Collaborative aims to:
- Build pathways to well-paying jobs with career advancement possibilities in targeted industries in the Baltimore region;
- Work closely with employers to align programs with real industry needs for skilled workers;
- Remove barriers to work by improving education, skills training, and support services;
- Analyze performance data and direct resources to practices and programs that demonstrate effectiveness;
- Strengthen policies and promote systemic changes that enhance the ability of low-wage workers to advance in the local labor market.