The vision of the program is a responsive world-class manufacturing capability to affordably and rapidly meet Warfighter needs throughout the defense system life cycle.
Although DoD ManTech has a singular mission and shared strategic vision, all of the projects and initiatives are selected and executed through the Military Services and DoD Agencies. Each Component has its own ManTech program, with organization-specific processes, mandates, and procedures for executing their projects:
- Army ManTech Program is executed through the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (ASA(ALT)) with support from the science and technology (S&T) community, Program Executive Offices, and Army Organic Industrial Base;
- Navy ManTech Program is managed under the Office of Naval Research and is executed through the Navy ManTech Centers of Excellence;
- Air Force ManTech Program is managed by the Air Force Research Laboratory’s (AFRL) Materials & Manufacturing Directorate and partners with industry, other government agencies, and academia;
- DLA Research and Development (R&D) is managed under Defense Logistics Agency J6 Chief Information Operations and has a multi-faceted approach to promote R&D business solutions to industry, academia, and small business by awarding multi-year competitive awards, posting Broad Agency Announcements (BAA), leveraging Other Transaction Authority (OTAs) and teaming with the ManTech Service Components and whole of government partners for cost share and savings; and
- OSD MSTP utilizes annual proposal calls based on predetermined, joint-application investment areas. Because OSD MSTP is executed through OSD ManTech Office within the Office of Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)), the program also seeks to leverage and collaborate with the DoD MIIs whenever possible.
The directors and senior managers of these programs coordinate through the auspices of the Joint Defense Manufacturing Technology Panel (JDMTP). The JDMTP is chartered to identify and integrate requirements, conduct joint program planning, and develop joint strategies. DoD oversight of the ManTech Programs is provided by the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering.
Start Date: Jun 2023 — End Date: May 2024